Due to retirement we would like to appoint a friendly efficient member to our Patient Services Team. Hours of work Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 8 am start and a minimum of 18 hours maximum 28.5 hours per week (plus cover for sickness and annual leave). There is flexibility around finish time for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will ideally already be fully trained in General Practice reception/admin duties with experience using SystmOne, but as a minimum will have at least one year of recent experience in a relevant patient/healthcare focused environment.
This is a demanding and busy role and the days fly by, so you will need to be quick thinking and tenacious, but also kind and understanding. Working in a great team of clinical and non clinical colleagues, we need you to be friendly, flexible and used to using your initiative as well as working closely with others.
Previous applicants need not apply.
We are a small rural practice with a growing patient list and were voted joint first in Cambridgeshire for patient experience in the National GP Patient Survey 2020. Access to a car is essential as there is no regular public transport links to the village.
Responsible to Practice Manager
- Making appointments for patients on the telephone and in person
- Dealing with requests for home visits and prescriptions
- Assisting with many and varied patient queries
- Liaising with staff and other health providers, district nurses, midwife etc
- Scanning of documents and linking to patient records
- Updating patient records
- Preparation of blood forms and other patient documents
- Responsible for opening up and securing the premises on leaving
- Ad hoc summarising of medical notes
- Filing and record retrieval
Patient confidentiality must be maintained at all times. Screen information, documents and queries must be dealt with in such a way that confidentiality is not breached, also patient details must not be discussed in hearing of non NHS staff or at all off surgery premises.
The nature of duties may vary from time to time in line with the changing needs of the practice.
In addition some flexibility is required to cover additional hours in times of holiday or sickness.
- At least one year of recent experience in a busy patient or healthcare environment.
- Used to dealing with anxious/difficult customers.
- Good written and verbal communication evidenced
- Able to learn and use different computer systems
- Rights to work and remain in the UK
- Ideally you will have experience of General Practice reception work
- Be familiar with SystmOne
- Have a drivers licence and own transport
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Closing date 5 April 2021
Please send up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of the Practice Manager.